We are committed to continuous quality monitoring and improvement to ensure a high standard of product is maintained to meet your needs.
Our business and the environment
Like many, our business requires resources to operate, and with the consolidation of our operations over two sites, and use of state-of-the-art new technology, we’ve made significant improvements across our operations to reduce our impact on the environment. We continue to be part of the “Instep” Carbon & Sustainability Programme as part of our commitment to reduce our carbon footprint.
In particular water and energy improvements include:
Washing technology reduces water use – reducing from 20+ litres of water/kg of linen to 7 litres per kg
- A heat exchanger transfers wastewater temperature to preheat incoming water – therefore reducing energy consumption
- Ability to store 270,000 litres of rainwater on-site
Recycling of wastewater to pre-rinse hardier items such as industrial garments and mats
- Wastewaster heat exchange technology recovers 400KW of energy from water, which would otherwise go unused. Heat from the boiler, and dryers is also recycled
- Use of 97% efficient gas hotwater system; over a third more efficient than traditional steam-heated water.
- Use of infrared sensors in our driers allows for minimum drying time for garments, and prevents over-drying and excessive wear and tear on linen.
- Driers also feature heat recovery systems to pre-heat incoming air, thus reducing their energy consumption by approximately 20%.
Along with significant savings in our major areas of consumption, we’ve embedded environmental initiatives where possible across our operations:
- On-site recycling
- Insulation of steam and hot water pipes
- Recycling of solvent waste
- Modern vehicle fleet
- Energy-saving lights and light-timers on low-use areas
- Donating used linen suitable for recycling to local charities and third world countries